Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 425° 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- coarse salt
- 3 pounds butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp. EVOO, the brown sugar, cinnamon, paprika and 1 tsp. salt. Divide the squash between 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle the spice mixture evenly over the squash; toss to coat. (The squash should be lightly coated. If the spices are clumping up, add a little more EVOO and toss again.) Spread the squash out in an even layer; bake until the edges are browned, rotating the pans halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the squash to a serving dish. Top with chives.