Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 350° 40 mins
- 2 28 ounce packages naan bread, torn into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 8 ounce sticks butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the naan, scallions and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cashews and cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the cashew mixture into the naan mixture. Stir in the chicken broth, cilantro, mint and lime juice; toss to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Say goodbye to mushy stuffing! Chewy naan bread soaks up liquid and retains its texture after cooking.