Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 400° 25 mins
- 1 pound fresh chorizo, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound prepared cornbread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a skillet, cook the chorizo over medium-high, stirring, 5 minutes. Add the butter, onion and celery. Cook until the vegetables are soft, 8 minutes. Stir in the corn and parsley; cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Stir in the cornbread and stock; season. Transfer to the baking dish. Bake until the top is browned, about 25 minutes.
- Use premade cornbread from the markets bakery section in this savory side.