Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 3 pounds cauliflower (1 large head), cut into florets
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/3cup panko breadcrumbs
- Place the cauliflower, cream and garlic in a large microwaveable dish. Cover and cook on high, stirring once, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, melt 5 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Cook, swirling the pan, until the butter turns golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a food processor, puree half the cauliflower mixture with the butter. Add the remaining cauliflower; puree until smooth. Season; transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet; melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add the panko; toast until golden, 2 minutes. Sprinkle the puree with the panko.
- Cauliflower cooks up quick in the microwave. Whiz it in the food processor, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and serve!