Yield: 1 9-inch pie
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 400°F 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 frozen store-brought pie shell (9-inch)
- In a medium bowl, stir the bourbon into the ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie shell. Place the pie in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 350 degrees . Bake until the filling begins to puff at the edges and the center no longer jiggles when gently shaken, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Slice the pie into wedges and serve with the bourbon ice cream.
- Pecan pie is a beginners dream dessert; the filling doesnt crack the way custard pies (like pumpkin) can.