Yield: 1 cup
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 cup cleaned raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water, the seeds and 1 tbsp. salt to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain. Pat the seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
- Toss the seeds with the EVOO and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Spread in a single layer on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss with one of the seasoning blends at right and roast for 5 minutes more.
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. sugar, a pinch cayenne and 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. chile powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 14 tsp. smoked paprika and a pinch cayenne
- 2 tsp. grated cheese (try parmesan or pecorino-romano), 1 tsp. onion powder and a pinch cayenne
- 2 12 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon and 12 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil swapped for the EVOO in the basic recipe, 2 12 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, 2 tsp. ground ginger and a pinch cayenne