Makes: 4 servings
- 1 cup ketchup, preferable organic
- 1/4cup chicken stock
- 2 shots (about 1/4 cup) bourbon
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- coarse black pepper
- 1 1/4pounds ground turkey
- 2 - 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten with a few dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper
- about 1 1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- cooking spray
- 4 brioche or other soft sandwich rolls split
- toppings: shredded cabbage or lettuce, diced or sliced seeded tomatoes, chopped raw onion, chopped pickles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring the BBQ sauce ingredients to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; form into 4 patties. Coat the patties in the flour, then the eggs, then the cornflakes. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Place the turkey patties on the sheet and spray the patties. Bake until crisp, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place the turkey patties on the rolls, doused with the sauce. Serve with the toppings of your choice.