This meatless chili twist is by Abby Bodiker
Abby Bodiker's Twist on the Classic Beef & Bean Chili
- Beef & Bean Chili
- 2 ancho chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained
- Corn chips and lime wedges
- Start by making the Beef & Bean Chili chili recipe.
- Soak 2 ancho chilies in a bowl of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain; reserve 1/4 cup soaking liquid. Stem and seed the chiles. Using a blender, puree the chiles, reserved liquid and 2 cloves garlic.
- Replace the beef with 2 lbs. portobello mushrooms. Add ancho chile puree. Replace the kidney beans with black beans. Serve with corn chips and lime wedges.
Mushroom & Black Bean: