Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1/2cup EVOO
- 1/4cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus half the peel sliced into thin strips
- 4 ounces pecorino-romano, grated (1 1/4 cups)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the skillet over high heat and add the remaining 6 tbsp. EVOO. Add the brussels sprouts and lower the heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the butter until melted, then remove from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon peel, about half of the cheese and half of the toasted breadcrumbs to the brussels sprouts; toss. To serve, top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.