Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 fennel bulbs (about 2lbs)--bulbs quartered, cored and sliced lengthwise 1/2-inch thick, fronds chopped and reserved
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded parmesan, plus more for garnishing
- In a large skillet fitted with a lid, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the sliced fennel and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fennel begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low and pour in the cream. Stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fennel is tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and half of the reserved fronds; season with salt and pepper. To serve, garnish with the remaining reserved fronds and a sprinkling of cheese.
HIT THE HEAT:
COVER AND SIMMER:
FINISH THE DISH: