Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4cup sour cream
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2/3cup plus 1 tbsp EVOO
- 3 portabello mushroom caps, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 5.8ouncebox garlic-flavored couscous
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, 2 tsp. garlic and 112 tsp. chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine 2/3 cup EVOO with the remaining garlic and chili powder, 12 tsp. salt and 14 tsp. pepper. Add the mushrooms and eggplant; toss to coat. Thread onto skewers with the tomatoes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat and brush with the remaining1 tbsp. EVOO. Grill the kebabs until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook the couscous according to package directions. Serve with the kebabs and sauce.
- To make this dish even better for you, use whole wheat couscous, or substitute fiber-rich quinoa or barley instead