Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until it begins to brown and render its fat, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and lower the heat if necessary to prevent it from burning. Add the marjoram and cook until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the ditalini and peas; season lightly with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup parmesan. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup parmesan.