Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 1 hr 45 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 1 egg
- 3/4cup plus 2 tbsp parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound Egg Pasta Dough
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . halve the squash lengthwise and place cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until fork-tender, 45 minutes; let cool. Scoop out and discard the seeds and fleshy strands. Measure out 11/2 cups of squash flesh into a medium bowl, reserving any extra squash for another use. Mix in the egg, 2 tbsp. parmesan, the brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Using the pasta dough and squash filling, make the ravioli.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ravioli, stirring, until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sage and rosemary for 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spider or small strainer, transfer the pasta from the pot of water to the skillet. Simmer, shaking the pan, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup parmesan and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water if desired to thin the sauce. Serve with more parmesan.