Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Pasta Dough
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 10 ounce package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (or more) finely grated grana padana
- 2/3 cup minced fresh chives
- Cut the pasta dough into maltagliati.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the maltagliati just untilal dente, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Stir in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 5 minutes; season again with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Using a spider or small strainer, transfer the pasta from the pot of water to the skillet. Sprinkle with the cheese and chives; toss.