Yield: Makes 9.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 stick (4 oz.) plus 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 bags (10.5 oz. each) mini marshmallows (about 12 cups)
- 5 cups crisped rice cereal
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish with foil; grease lightly. In a 10- to 12-qt. pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add 10 cups mini marshmallows and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes; remove the pot from the heat. Using a wet spoon or spatula, fold in the rice cereal. Sprinkle in the almonds, cherries, ground coffee and salt; fold quickly to distribute. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and remaining mini marshmallows; fold gently to distribute.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using slightly damp hands or a wet spatula, press into an even layer. Let cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.