Makes: 4 servings
Green Chile Queso:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow cheddar
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper
Spicy Refried Beans:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 16 ounce can spicy vegetarian refried beans
- 1 bag RW Garcia Tortilla Chips
- Pickled red onions
- Sliced pickled jalapenos
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook to thicken, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese to melt and then the green chiles. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium sauce pot over medium heat, add oil. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in cumin and coriander and let cook for an additional minute, or until fragrant. Add water and bring to a simmer, then add beans. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. The consistency should be pourable.
- Place a serving of chips in a bowl and pour a generous spoonful of beans over the top. Then pour some queso dip on top of that and garnish with pickled red onions and jalapenos.
For the queso::
For the beans::