Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound well-trimmed beef sirloin, cut into 16 cubes
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 english cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- In a small bowl, whisk the EVOO, vinegar, garlic and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, gently toss the beef with 2 tbsp. of the dressing. In a large bowl, toss the remaining dressing with the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives.
- Threat the meat onto 4 metal skewers (or 4 bamboo skewers presoaked in water); season with salt and pepper. Grill the kebabs until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Add the spinach to the vegetables and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 4 plates and serve with the kebabs.
- AN EXTRA BUCK WILL BUY YOU feta cheese. Sprinkle 2 oz. crumbled feta on top of the greens for a tangy, salty garnish.