Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice plus 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small green chile, such as serrano or thai, finely chopped
- 1 medium head red-leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/2cup fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, 2 tbsp. fish sauce and the brown sugar.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, shallot, chile, lime zest and remaining 2 tsp. fish sauce. Form the mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Top with the carrots and bell pepper. Brush the turkey patties on both sides with oil and grill, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Arrange 2 patties on top of each salad. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the mint.
- AN EXTRA BUCK WILL BUY YOU chilled rice noodles. Form half a box's worth into nests; drizzle with dressing.