Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 15 ouncecan black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill to medium. Add the corn and grill until charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the EVOO, lime juice, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a large, sharp knife, carefully cut the corn kernels from the cobs and transfer to the bowl. Add the beans, radishes, scallions and cilantro; toss well. Divide the salad among 4 plates; top with the queso and avocado.
- AN EXTRA BUCK WILL BUY YOU corn chips. Instead of croutons, use crushed blue or white corn chips for crunch.