Makes: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound focaccia, cubed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds white asparagus, trimmed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1 package (5 oz.) spring salad mix
- Spread bread cubes and pine nuts on baking sheet; toast in 350 degrees oven until golden, 7 minutes. In pot of boiling, salted water, blanch asparagus for 2 minutes; transfer to ice water bath. Slice into 2-inch pieces. In blender, pulse shallot, dill, yolks, vinegar, mustard and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper until combined. With machine on medium, drizzle in EVOO. In bowl, toss asparagus, bread and pine nuts with 1/2 cup dressing. Toss in greens.
Tip Extra, Extra!
- Store 1/2 cup leftover dressing in the fridge for up to 2 days. Pour over ham-and-egg-topped english muffins for a twist on eggs benedict.