- Prepared tomato soup
- Prepared cheddar soup
- Bread (optional)
- Pour prepared tomato and cheddar soups into separate saucepans and heat through; ladle some of each into a heatproof mug. Simultaneously pour the soups into a bowl from opposite sides. Use a spoon to create a swirl pattern where the soups meet.
- If you wish, top with homemade croutons: Slice white bread into 1/2-inch cubes and add to a preheated greased skillet. Toast over low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown on all sides; season with salt. Add to the soup before serving.
Variation Creamy Chicken & Black Bean:
- Pour them in a bowl and garnish with a handful of corn chips or chopped cilantro.
Variation Thai Coconut & Butternut Squash:
- Mix them together and add a handful of chopped mint and a few squirts of sriracha.
Variation Creamy Potato & Cheddar Cheese:
- Go fully loaded--sprinkle with crumbled bacon and add a dollop of sour cream.
Variation Corn-Clam Chowder:
- For the ultimate New England combo, swirl them together and top with crushed oyster crackers.