Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus small whole leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the EVOO over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chopped sage and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss. Stir in 3/4 cup parmesan. Top with the sage leaves and more parmesan.