Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. salted roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes,; drain, reserving 2 tbsp. of the fat.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, coarsely chop the peanuts. Reserve 2 tbsp., then finely chop the remaining nuts. Add the butter and 1 1/2 tsp. maple syrup; puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; whisk in the yogurt, eggs, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp. syrup and reserved bacon fat until smooth. Fold in the bananas and crumble in the bacon.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat, lightly grease. Working in batches, drop the batter by 1/3 cupfuls. Cook until bubbling on top and golden underneath, 3 minutes; flip and cook until springy, 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spread some of the peanut butter on each pancake, then assemble on plates in stacks of 3; drizzle with more syrup and sprinkle with the reserved 2 tbsp. chopped peanuts.
- An extra buck will buy you whipped cream. Pipe or dollop each stack with the fluffy stuff.