Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 5 kiwis, peeled and quartered
- 1/2cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In mini food processor, pulse kiwis just until coarsely mashed; transfer to small saucepan nad stir in raisins and sugar. Simmer over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, 12 to 14 minutes. Scrape into bowl and set aside to cool completely (it will get a little thicker as it cools). Store in fridge.
- Once cooled, stir in cream cheese or yogurt.
- Add a handful of dried cranberries and a pinch of allspice before cooking.
- Swap in diced dried pears for the raisins and add some grated lemon zest.
Variation APPLE PIE
- Add a good pinch of ground cinnamon and use chopped dried apples instead of raisins.
- Sub chopped dried sweet cherries for the raisins and stir in a drop or two of almond extract at the end.