Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant (about 1 1/2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 sprigs thyme, plus picked leaves for garnishing
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces orecchiette or orzo pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a deep 9-by-13-inch baking dish, drizzle the EVOO over the zucchini, eggplant, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, thyme sprigs and garlic; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover tightly with foil ad roast for 45 minutes. Uncover, stir, and roast for another 45 minutes. Discard the thyme stems.
- About 10 minutes before the veggies are done, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with the roasted veggies. Garnish with the thyme leaves.
- Tuck the thyme sprigs underneath the vegetables when roasting, otherwise they may scorch. Store leftover thyme in a resealable bak in the freezer.