Makes: 4 servings
- 4 large, thin veal cutlets (about 4 oz. each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4- 1/3cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 4 slices prosciutto di parma
- A splash dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Season the veal cutlets with salt and pepper; trim to about 5 inches long. in a bowl, combine the ricotta, gorgonzola and sage. Divide the mixture and press gently into four 5-inch logs. Place a log lengthwise on each of the cutlets, then roll the cutlets into bundles. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap with the prosciutto.
- Preheat an ovenproof skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Add the veal bundles and brown over medium-high heat, adding more EVOO if necessary to brown well. Transfer to the oven to cook through for 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
- Deglaze the skillet with the vermouth. Stir in the butter to melt. Spoon the sauce over the meat to serve.
- Serve these veal cutlets with wilted fresh spinach and gnocchi tossed with butter and cheese.