Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 19 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 package (10 oz.) steam-in-bag brown rice, such as Minute or Market Pantry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2/3 cup mango chutney, preferably with raisins
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Rub the pork with the curry powder, salt and pepper; drizzle with 1 tbsp. EVOO. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the pork registers 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest, loosely covered with foil; reserve the skillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brown rice in the microwave according to package directions.
- Return the reserved skillet to medium heat and add the butter to melt. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the rice and mint; season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the pork; dollop the mango chutney on top. Serve with the rice.
- Freeze extra mint in ice cubes to add to water, lemonade or iced tea.