Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 45 mins
- 1/2 recipe Perfect Pie Crust or 1/2 pkg. (14.1-oz.) refrigerated piecrust (1 crust)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 toasted and 3/4 cup coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Unroll the piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan; crimp the edge and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, bourbon and salt. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake the pie until just set in the middle, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- The pecan pie can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store uncovered at room temperature.