Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/3cup dry white wine or sherry
- 1/2cup flour
- 4 cups Easy Turkey Stock or 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add half of the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 3 tbsp. butter and mushrooms. Return the first batch of mushrooms to the pan.
- Stir in the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost evaporated. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the turkey stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley. Keep warm, or reheat when ready to serve.