These treats will taste as sweet as candy to your four-leggedfriend, and the natural health benefi ts of pumpkin will evenhelp soothe (and trim!) his tummy.
Makes: 36 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 40 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 1/2cups white or whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, stir together the eggs, pumpkin puree, milk powder and flour; add 2 tsp. water, or enough so that the dough just comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with 1-inch cookie cutters. Gather the scraps, combine, roll and form more biscuits; repeat until all the dough is used.
- Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn over and bake until hardened, another 20 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Every dog is different, so please check with your vet to see if this recipe is suitable for your pet.