Garlic, oregano and tomato infuse chickenbreasts, thighs and drumsticks as theybraise in a small amount of broth. (Inspite of the long cooking time, the tomatoesactually hold their shape, adding to thevisual appeal of the finished dish.) Servethe chicken on a bed of orzo tossed with thepan juices and a leafy green vegetable.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 hrs 15 mins
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken parts (breasts, drumsticks and thighs)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a 6- to 7-qt. slow cooker. Top with the garlic and oregano. Add the tomatoes and broth. Cover and cook on low heat until the chicken is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into a thigh away from the bone registers 165 degrees , about 5 hours.
- Top with the olives and feta, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Make a frittata. Youll need 6 to 8 eggs and 2 cups chopped chicken, olives and tomatoes. Cook the mixture in EVOO in a medium skillet over medium heat until mostly set, then run under the broiler to brown the top.