Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 bottle (52 oz.) pomegranate or cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 piece (1 1/2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4teaspoon allspice berries
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 3 tangerines, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the pomegranate juice, orange juice, ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, cardamom and star anise to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid, discard the spices and return the liquid to the saucepan. Add the tangerine slices and serve warm.