Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 large fennel bulb with fronds (about 1 lb.)
- 1 head radicchio (8 oz.), shredded
- 2 nectarines, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, sour cream, shallot, vinegar and honey; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the EVOO.
- Trim the fennel tops and chop 3 tbsp. of the leaves; discard the remaining tops. Stir the leaves into the dressing. Cut the bulb in half lengthwise and, using a mandoline, shave into thin slices. Add the fennel, radicchio and nectarines to the dressing; toss to coat.