Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 small shallot
- 3 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach
- 2 ounces goat cheese log, sliced into 4 rounds
- 1/4 bunch chives, chopped
- In a blender, puree one-quarter of the strawberries, the shallot, 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil and the honey; season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining strawberries, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup water to the skillet and simmer, stirring, until the berries are warmed through, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the strawberry vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates. Slice the chicken breasts 1/4 inch thick and place on top with the warm strawberries, goat cheese and chives; season with salt and pepper.
- An Extra Buck Will Buy You...a baguette. Melt the goat cheese on it, then sprinkle the cheese with chives.