Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2cup chopped cilantro
- In a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, cover the rice with water and stir until the water becomes cloudy; drain and repeat twice. Return the rice to the saucepan, add 1 cup cold water, cover and cook over medium-low heat until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until set and just dry, about 1 minute. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool; coarsely chop.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Add the beans and peas-carrots mix and cook until heated through; transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the cumin over medium-high heat. Stir in the cooked rice. Spread into a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until the rice forms a crust, about 3 minutes. Break up the rice and sprinkle with the soy sauce. Stir in the scallion greens, cilantro, bean mixture and eggs and cook until heated through.