Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 pork loin chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound green beans
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, raisins, brown sugar, ginger, 3 tablespoons vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the green beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Top the pork chops with the tomato chutney and serve with the green beans.