Luscious sweetpotato stuffsthese ravioliand packs themwith vitamin A(a nutrient thatprotects youreyesight).
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 4 small sweet potatoes, pricked
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 12 6-inch egg roll wrappers
- Ice water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon base
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; bake until soft, 45 minutes. Let cool, then peel.
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon each butter and maple syrup over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and toast until beginning to pop, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Using the same pan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add the parsley and cook, stirring, until crisp, 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Using a food processor, puree the sweet potato, 2 tablespoons butter, the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Lay out the egg roll wrappers. Top each with 3 tablespoons of the puree in a line down the center. Moisten the edges with water, fold in half, press out the air and seal. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add half of the ravioli and cook until tender, 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining ravioli. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- In an extra-large nonstick skillet, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Add the chipotles and cook for 1 minute; whisk in the reserved pasta cooking water and the bouillon base. Working in 2 batches, transfer the ravioli to the skillet and cook over medium heat until heated through, 2 minutes. Divide the ravioli and spicy butter among 4 plates; sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and pumpkin seeds.
- The sweet potato filling can be prepared a day ahead; cover and refrigerate.