Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 onion, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch thick rings
- 1/3cup buffalo sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 4 ouncecontainer blue cheese crumbles
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped celery, with any leaves
- 1 5 ouncebag mixed greens
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, 1/3 cup buffalo sauce and the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring the onion and turning the chicken halfway through, until the onion is softened and browned and the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, whisk together the blue cheese, sour cream and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the celery and mixed greens and toss. Top the salad with the baked chicken and onion. Serve with more buffalo sauce on the side
- Revive limp celery by submerging it in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Slice the baked chicken and use as a sandwich filling along with the salad.
- Cut back on fat by swapping in chicken breast for the thigh and tossing the salad in a lemon vinaigrette.