For adults, reinstate wine in place of the cherry juice.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1 1/2cups unsweetened black cherry juice
- 1/2cup fresh pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1 navel orange, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 cups seltzer, chilled
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- In a large pitcher, combine the cherry juice, pomegranate seeds, orange, apple and maple syrup; refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Stir in the seltzer and ginger ale. Serve over ice.
- Swap in cherry juice for red wine to maintain sangrias rich color and flavor without the alcohol.
- Get more from your garnish: Pomegranate seeds add antioxidants.
- Add a refreshing, festive fizz--but zero calories--with seltzer.