Looking for a post-shopping meal with a kick? This warming soup is spiked with chipotle.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 1/2cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 32 ouncecontainer chicken broth
- 1 28 ouncecan crushed tomatoes
- 3/4cup israeli couscous
- 4 ounces ham, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Using a food processor, pulse the sour cream and 1/4 cup cilantro until smooth; refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and chipotle chile and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Add the couscous and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in the ham; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top the soup with the cilantro sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.