Make use of leftovers to feed your pup his own Thanksgiving meal.
Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 3 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover skinless roast turkey meat, shredded
- 1/2 cup leftover stuffing* or 1 piece toast, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons prepared cranberry sauce
- In a small pot of boiling, salted water, cook the sweet potato until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the sweet potato, turkey, stuffing and sage. Top with the cranberry sauce and serve.
- *Do not use stuffing containing onions and /or garlic, which can be toxic to cats and dogs.