Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 heads cauliflower (about 3 1/2 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the cauliflower until very soft, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt 3 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leek is translucent and very soft, about 8 minutes.
- Using a food processor and working in batches, puree the cauliflower and the leek mixture with the cream.
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the panko and toast, tossing, until golden. Top the puree with the toasted panko and the parsley.
- Perfect for a large gathering, a little goes a long way.
- Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Reheats in the oven, microwave or on the stovetop.