Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 7 1/2ouncejar marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff)
- 6 1.4ounces chocolate-covered toffee bars, chopped
- 1 1/29 ounceboxes chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous)
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate with 1/2 cup cream over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whip 2 cups cream with 1 teaspoon vanilla until stiff but not dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin and marshmallow cream. Fold in the whipped cream in 2 parts; refrigerate. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream to the mixer bowl and whip until thickened. With the machine on, slowly add the chocolate mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Spread one-third of the chocolate cream in a 4-quart clear glass trifle bowl. Layer with one-third of the toffee. Stand 8 cookies on their edges around the perimeter of the bowl. Make 1 stack of 4 more cookies sandwiched with some pumpkin cream, topping with more cream. Repeat with the remaining cookies and more pumpkin cream to make a total of 14 cookie stacks Place 7 stacks in the trifle bowl. Top with the remaining pumpkin cream and half of the chocolate cream. Sprinkle with another third of the toffee. Top with the remaining 7 cookie stacks and chocolate cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours. To serve, sprinkle with the remaining toffee.
- A crowd-pleaser, creamy, rich and chocolaty.
- Can be assembled, transported and served in the same bowl.
- Yields flexible portions sizes, also works as the main dessert or one of many.