Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1/2pound mango, thawed and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the coconut in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat.
- In large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve the chicken with the mango salsa.
- Place the uncooked coconut-crusted chicken on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, then store in a resealable plastic bag. Thaw in the refrigerator and cook as directed.