Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Grill: 15 mins
- 1 small eggplant (about 3/4 pound), cut lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup jarred caponata, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed
- Preheat a grill to medium. Brush the eggplant with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until the eggplant is tender, about 6 minutes. Coarsely chop and transfer to a bowl. Toss with the caponata and mozzarella.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 pieces. Roll out the dough into two 7-by-10-inch rectangles. Place the dough directly onto a well-oiled grate, cover and grill until the dough begins to bubble and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Flip and top with the eggplant mixture, then cover and grill until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Cut each pizza in half.