Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices bacon
- 3/4 pound large shrimppeeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons store-bought jerk sauce or barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 14.1 ounce packages refrigerated pie dough
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until very crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Crumble the bacon into a medium bowl and toss with the shrimp, scallions, tomatoes, jerk sauce and lime juice.
- Unroll the pie dough on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to extend by 1 inch in diameter. Using a 4 1/2-inch round cookie cutter and a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 dough rounds for each size.
- Carefully press the larger rounds into each muffin cup, crimping the edges to fit. Bake until just beginning to color, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 425 degrees .
- Divide the shrimp filling among the muffin cups. Brush the smaller dough rounds with some of the egg wash and place wet side down on top of the shrimp mixture, pressing the edges to seal. Brush more egg wash over the tops of the dough cups. Bake until golden-brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Use a small metal spatula or butter knife to release the pies from the muffin cups.