Burgers, steaks and hot dogs may get top billing atbackyard cookouts, but we think its all about thesuper-duper sides! We've pumped upthe classic potato salad with a generous helping ofcrunchy scallions and fennel, salty prosciutto, and a freshbasil-and-dijon dressing. This is a side with star appeal.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 2 1/2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut into quarters and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the scallions.
- Combine the fennel, fennel fronds, prosciutto and basil with the potatoes. Stir in the mustard vinaigrette.