Makes: 8 servings
- 1 3/4cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 chocolate wafers cookies
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Shaved bittersweet chocolate
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together 1 3/4 cups heavy cream, 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder until soft peaks form. Spread about 1/3 cup into an 8-inch round on a large serving platter. Arrange 6 chocolate wafer cookies in a circle on top and place an additional cookie in the center. Spread another 1/3 cup whipped cream evenly onto the cookies; sprinkle sweetened shredded coconut on top. Layer 7 more chocolate wafers on top in the same arrangement, followed by another layer of whipped cream and coconut; repeat to make 5 layers total, ending with cream. Sprinkle shaved bittersweet chocolate on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.