Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 4 ears corn, kernels scraped off (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions, white and green portions thinly sliced separately
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 10 ounces salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Using a food processor, puree half of the corn kernels. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, scallion whites and bay leaf to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat to low and cook until reduced, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf, then stir in the remaining corn kernels and the corn puree. Season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through; cover to keep warm.
- Brush the salmon with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning halfway through, for about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer the salmon to plates and spoon the corn sauce on top. Sprinkle with the scallion greens.
- Steep corn husks in chicken broth to make a sweet, corn-flavored broth.