The crisp aroma and texture of lively green asparagus complement lighter, more vibrant meals.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons each chopped chives
- Softened butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2pounds trimmed asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons each chopped chives and softened butter, 1 tablespoon grated orange peel and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Brush 1 1/2 pounds trimmed asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus, turning once, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the grilled asparagus to the parsley-butter mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.